Friday 13 March 2009

Brimham Rocks, 13th March 2008



Davie and Rach had a bit of a recce up to Brimham today to look at some routes for Davie to log for his SPA.



Weather turned cool and damp after a great morning but we still managed to get some bouldering done and found some potential routes for the future - there are 583 to choose from!




We hadn't taken anything other than our stickies so taking on anything big would have been daft.

However, we did have a crack at 'Dancing Bear Variant' a HVD (Hard VDiff) route on a massive boulder called.... yep... Dancing Bear.


You can see from the photos where it gets it's name.



It obviously gets the grade from the initial moves as there was a LOT of jamming required to get to the ledge. From here there are few opportunities to place gear, but it's a straightforward romp to the top.



We'll be back soon no doubt.


On a different note, I managed to get myself through the First Aid Trainer Course this week, was internally verified by ITC and am now in the practical part of my CPD (continuing personal development) with React First.

In 2 weeks I'm delivering part of an Outdoor FA course in Coventry and I'll be responsible for the following topics:

Incident Management

Breathing Problems - choking

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)

Hyper and Hypothermia

On the next course after this I'll deliver different subjects until, after about 4 courses, I'll have delivered the entire course. I'll then be signed off and ready to fly solo, marketing and delivering courses in the area.

We're hoping to put together a 2 day Outdoor First Aid course up here in Ripon, to a) get Rich qualified for his ML and b) to give me a local practice venue.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Davie

No comments: